View Single Post
Old October 26, 2005, 03:09 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Amla

Quote:
Originally posted by fab
Quote:
May be we r to westernised and want to do all they does...
What the devil? I have NO desire to eat pork. Heck, I'd be a vegetarian if my mother would allow me. Where on earth did you get that idea?

Quote:
lol, you say we have no idea of multiculuurism?
Yup, that's right. Actually, I'd say Europeans don't understand multiculturalism (naturally, for historical reasons). To them, multiculture means getting rid of aspects of certain cultures.

Multiculturalism is NOT about eliminating parts of various cultures to pander to certain groups. It is about respecting the beliefs and traditions of everyone in the community even if you personally find them offensive. It's a two way street - one group cannot demand tolerance from another group if they themselves do not tolerate others.
i guess u havent been to england.

The european story is different. The U.K has huge repsect for different religions, we have faith schools, for the variosu different religions, many parts of country have been taken by muslims that they dont even complain for e.g bradford, brick lane, burnley. the shops in these ares are run , bought, by british muslims, hindus, etc..

Go to australis you wouldnt see that, how many mosques, or synangogues are there in sudney for e.g, i can bet you there is more in my home town than all of the city.