View Single Post
Old June 24, 2007, 08:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Mushfiq not playing shows that the [ tour ] selectors are not voting for him for the wicket-keepers position. Clearly, their confidence in his ability, at the moment, leaves something to be desired.

They see Mushfiq day in and day out far closely than me. I suppose they notice things which I sitting in my living room can not see except in match days.

This raises the obvious question: if Mushfiq cannot come in purely as a batsman [ there are many, including me, who will support his inclusion as a batsman ], then either he has to rapidly improve as a keeper and keep out any other potential successor to Mashud or he does not play in tests at all. However, given the attitude we show in batting in tests, it is difficult to contemplate that.

I hope his keeping improves especially to spinners. However, if the selectors believe that Mashud is still the best keeper, then they would be correct in selecting him. After all, the best keeper must be selected in tests. In the pyjama game other considerations may come in.

Last edited by Imtiazk; June 24, 2007 at 09:26 AM..