View Single Post
Old February 7, 2013, 01:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs PWN
Some interesting news out of Leaf land last night:

- Kessel is no longer untouchable. It seems like Nonis and Burke were not on the same page when it comes to this guy. Dreger says Nonis is listening to offers, and there is a lot of interest around the league (obviously). If Nonis gets a good offer, perferable from a WCF team, Kessel could be gone. He mentions though, that it was to be a good offer, so Nonis is not really shopping him. Dregers speculates a young top 4 D/young top 6 F + great prospect/high pick could get it done.

- Nonis will most likely hold a firesale if the team is 8th/9th in or worse in the East, in the near future. Meaning this year its playoffs or tank. I think the names available would be Mac, Liles, Bozak, Steckel, Kulemin and Kessel. The latter two would require good offers as they are not really being shopped.

Glad to see Nonis is going playoffs or bust. A 9th/10th place finish would be a waste of time. Hope Kessel doesn't get moved. If he does, I would hope its to Ducks for Emerson Etem + Lindholm, or to the Caps for Alzer + Kuznetsov.
Or, you can always send him to the B's for Seguin and Dougie Hamilton !! I kid, I kid..

Kulemin is definitely in play. We have the stud young D prospects for that to happen. Pick one from Depres ( he is playing good BTW ), Morrow, Pouliot, Matta, Harington, Doumolin, Bortuzzo ( playing well too for the big club ), Phil Samuelssen, Marcantouni..

Bruins are such a tough team to play against. They make life miserable for you.