View Single Post
Old March 16, 2012, 09:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by abherath
Tonight, at the Sher-e-Bangla Stadium, the shroud that had been concealing the true face of Bangla cricket was torn away.

Emergence of Shakib-al-Hassan as the world's best ODI all-rounder, confident, solid performances by players like Tamim Iqbal and - since of late - an adventurous, dynamic and surprisingly articulate captain in pocket-rocket Mushfiqur Rahim have been pushing up Tiger cricket for some time, in spite of limited success due to lack of self-belief in some and errors in execution.

I would be bold enough to rank Bangladesh above India and Sri Lanka.

The present Bangladesh team reminds me of Arjuna Ranatunga's team in the lead up to their famous World Cup win in 1996.

Congratulations Bangladesh ! As a Sri Lankan, I am truly happy for you.
Ado thanks Machan. That means a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggus
There will be more struggles, more disappointments and more challenges to be faced as your team progresses but as long as the general trend is upward you should know that you are heading in the right direction. Today your young side has silenced (for a while) your harshest critics and brought a smile to the face of at least one outsider who wishes you well. The job is never finished. There is never a time that you can afford to become complacent,
Your players and coaching staff have worked hard for this and today another brick has been laid in the building of 'Bangladesh as a serious international competitor' in the cricketing world. For today at least Bangladesh is 'King of the World'.
Thanks for encouraging us Biggus. Let's hope we maintain consistent performance