View Single Post
Old June 27, 2012, 10:59 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
I propose we ban cricket and go on a roti diet to become proper fans supporting the right team. Hopefully the aforesaid "roti diet" would turn our children who will NEVER KNOW RICE, into fair skinned, muscular and preferably bearded cricketers within a generation or two. If it does -- it may not because Bangladeshis won't abandon Bangla, rice, fish and their non-Nasheed music anytime soon without immediate guidance from Islamic Brotherhood -- then we may return to cricket as guys playing for United Islamic States of Talibania spreading from Bangladesh to the KSA.

BC can become the Salafi cricket site it needs to be.
I genuinely respect your knowledge, experience and insight on many things, but i have to say the above is other end of the extreme. I know you said everything sarcastically, but the rhetorics in your sarcasm are disturbing. I think it's unfair to associate someone/ someone's intention with Islamic extremism just because he/she mentioned of a roti diet. I also personally felt that the idea was ridiculous and we shouldn't panic just after one loss against Afghanistan, but to read so much in between lines and find a connection to hidden Islamic agenda are totally unfair, IMHO.