View Single Post
Old June 12, 2006, 06:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Default User Name and First Impression

Before enrolling in public website we always take our time and look for a good user/nick name that represents us, unless we use our real name. Now if someone is using their real name, then there may not be much room to do anything, just hope that our parents did a good job so that people doesn’t pick on us. But for people who have chosen their own nick to represent themselves, you have no one but only yourself to blame, if things doesn’t work out the way you thought.
Any way at the end of the day, we all know that long-term wise the name itself will not take you anywhere if you don’t represent your self properly with your communication skill. You gain other people’s respect and love only by how you express your opinion, interact with other members, how you react to criticism and praise, how you appreciate and respect other members, etc.

Having said that, you cannot deny that when you read some of the nicks of different members, it reminds you some things, which has nothing to do with the members, rather than yourself, it may remind you some incident, some character, or some words from your past experience.

After going through with some member nicks, it always reminds me some words, I don’t know why. For example Fazal may remind someone the word ‘Fazil’.

Now here is the list of members:
chinaman
AsifTheManRahman
fwullah
Mahmood
Spitfire_x86
Tehsin
Rubu
Arnab
Nasif
PoorFan
James90
Zobair
Ahmad_B
Rafiq
Orpheus
bounty3
Oracle
pagol-chagol
Ehsan
Sham
Cats_eye
FaltuRidwanBhai
al Furqaan
Sadi
babubangla
Billah
Miraz
Carte Blanche
Reverse_swing
TheWatcher
arafath79
Beamer
Tintin
Navarene
RazabQ
Hatebreed
Mr-Khan
bdmoderator
Sam
MasterBlaster
VladMamu
Rana
howzatt!
Shafin
Sauron
shaheen
thebest
Ibrahim
DJ Sahastra
ReckmyBack
Pundit
tiger_man
allrounder
mwrkhan
sar2005
Flipper
Ejaj
Dawah
Sorry
Faceoff
mzia
aosaif
sadhat
ammark
Baundule
Shehwar
sovik
kalimdor
BanCricFan
SS
Piranha
Locutus
reinausagi
cisco-guy
chyicarus
reyme
jabbar
GuruTM
Mon
AGC
say
rudro
capslock
Huda
Bat-PadTogetger
nasifkhan
Dhurr
BushidoTiger
Optimist
Nascer
Mr-Cricket
Mridul
SMHasan
guy_zin
ZaKi
nannu
Shish Ahmed
shujan
Kalbaisakhi
Unknown
Dak_Pion
paco
LateCut
DOORBIN
Xavier
Bangla Mostan
Frost
gravitY
mhferdaus
sunny747
sheshprohor
bhobishshot
Ishtylish cricketer
omio
Warlock
Kana-Baba
Habibul_bashar
prasad
Haradhon
kaisermatin
DotBall
Shakalaka
fishyguy
bangla_amar
samircreep
tpusltn
BonBon
tutul
Bancan
captain_thinking_tank
Sydney
Daddy_Mac
ialbd
(this is partial list)

Trust me. It has nothing to do with the members, but rather the nick that they are using. It’s about the word/name that the user using, not user themselves. Only few them kind of funny, the rest are just random thoughts. I tried my best to make it G-Rated even if a nick may remind me something in the PG13 range. Therefore no PG13 stuff will be there.

Now I know it can be kind of sensitive for some members. Now if you are in the above list and don’t want any part of it, please express here or U2U me, I will remove your name from the list. I will wait a week before I go further.

For the Mods, if you think it’s a bad idea, either delete this thread or let me know.

Last edited by Fazal; June 13, 2006 at 01:38 PM..