View Single Post
Old March 26, 2017, 04:20 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
If Hathuru wanted Miraz in the team, he would have kept Miraz in Lanka, would not sent him back.

Anyway, good job Papon. Ironic that he thought changing the selection process would require less intervention from him. I hope he has realized his mistake by now.
Hathuru isn't the only selector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vepu
Thisis why you you shouldnt have let Faruq go. That man knew what he was doing.
Its fine and dandy as long as Papon making this calls once in a while, but dont make it a norm please. It wont end nicely. Bring back Faruq if possible. I still remember the day back in 2006, Faruq and Akram sitting under the burning sun right beside the Feni govt. school field, just to watch an inter school final. Guess, the MOM they chose that day. A 10 years old Saifuddin.
Based on Faruk's interviews/comments, I'm glad he's gone.

His advice to players used to be: think only about cricket and forget about everything else including family. Guy is stuck in some 1800s Draconian period.

What makes you say he knew what he was doing? I don't recall perfect selections from when he was the head selector. And it was Hathuru who scouted and wanted Sabbir, Soumya, and Fizz in the team.

We do need to find a new chief selector though if Nannu is failing in that role.