View Single Post
Old March 20, 2010, 10:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
That was the team I would like to see. The teams have not been announced yet.

May I ask what the point of having an Academy and U19 team is? If we have the same players playing for all three squads then what is the point? We need to develop as many players as possible.

Nazimuddin has always been a consistent middle-order batsman at FC level. He smashed a double century recenty. I'd really like to test him. And if Aftab and SN can get a chance then Alok deserves one as well at least in the A team.
I am not calling for all U19 players to be fast tracked.

The point is that tour of A team should be utilised so that young players who have potential to get into national team gain valuable experiences. How many of you think that Alok will get back to national team? I don’t.

So he is just occupying and wasting resources. We need to remember that quality of our domestic first class cricket matches is not that great. The only way our young players can be prepared well to play for the national team if we give them enough exposure to international cricket.

And, the age is not a bar, in fact, many superstars in world cricket had debut in Test cricket, as early as at the age of 16. Our Mushy is also a good example.