View Single Post
Old March 6, 2010, 07:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I am a great supporter of BD, and I do feel for them in their losses, I am sad for days after a loss, but my motto is - dont let your heart break, dont have any expectations, no high hopes and maybe they will surprise you.
I admire the members here for their great support of their players, everyone here wants to see the team and all the players perform well, but this is not happening, everyone is pulling their hair out in frustration and bashing all the players.
When I really started to follow BD cricket during the WC in 2007 after I ended my gypsy life, I remember that they used to get bowled out in test cricket for less than 100 runs, and it was a struggle for them to score 300 runs, they used to lose by an innings and ? runs, could not take the game to the fifth day. Now, that does not happen anymore, they give it a good fight even if they lose and are not pushovers anymore.
In ODIs, they are scoring over 250 runs now, but should be aiming for 300 runs. They are no good at 20/20 because they do not play enough of it.
My conclusions is that they have improved, but at a snail's pace, because other teams are improving much more rapidly than them. Take Zim for example, they have just beaten a strong WI team twice, why?
because they are fighting to make it back into test cricket. Ireland is a fighting team because they want to become full members, so that they do not have to play all these tournaments to qualify for WC competition.Afghanistan fought to get ODI status.
I feel if Bangladesh had to play and fight for every match, they will be a much better team. Now, because they are full members, they automatically get a place.
I still feel that BCB does not do enough for these players and have shortchanged them. They should have better support staff and do not want to spend the money e.g. fielding and catching, even a board like SL have addressed this problem and hired a fielding consultant.