View Single Post
Old March 21, 2014, 02:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul
Default Changes that should be made and manufactured

Clearly Nasir is horribly out of form. He is also terribly out of commonsense. When you´re out of form you should keep your balance (at the batting stance) and try to start middling a few or rotate the strikes. Instead, Nasir over the last two months has been dancing down the track and trying to slog everything to the boundary. In the process, he has completely lost his timing and placement. He did that against HK, too, when his team was on the verge of being skittled out before the 12th over. He never tried to forge a partnership with the tail (regardless, how terrible they were) and play out the overs. I´m pretty sure had we put 15 more runs on the board we would have defended that score. Nasir is adamant about not being out of form. Who is he kidding?? First and foremost: himself!

I would drop Nasir and bring in Mominul for the next matches. Can´t afford to suffer in a major world tourney because of an out of form player. And, I dont think Nasir will be able to turn it around in the immediate future with his current mindset. A change has to be made. Mominul also come with a very handy bowling option. He is more than capable of upping the ante, too. Anyway, I don't see him doing any worse than Nasir at the moment.

Now comes the "manufacturing" a change part. Lalla is totally down and out. There is nothing left in that horse. If he can't bowl to the Associates he wont be able to bowl to anyone. Even Riyad and Shabbir has bowled with infinitely better control and economy. Less we talk about his utter irresponsible batting the better. Razzak needs to pick up an "injury" and make way for Arafat or Taijul. Desperate situation requires desperate measure.

Hopefully, Freza's fun in the park is over, too. Could we bring in Banglar Hulk, instead? If Rubel can't recover in time, probably, Taskin would be a straight swap.

Once again, Nasir and Razzak's positions are the major concerns and will determin our future in this World Cup. Pure and simple. The question: is our "think-tank" proactive enough?