View Single Post
Old March 20, 2018, 09:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Another one.....

This one is a phone conversation I recorded from a cross connection...by luck. The line gets cut in the end. I got it transcribed. Here

Unknown BCB Director 1: Greetings

Unknown BCB Director 2: Hello, sir, so good to hear from you.

Unknown BCB Director 1: Cut the bullshit! That was close, we were very close going over our 1 win per 6 months win quota. In fact we did! We won two! That means no more wins till the end of the year. How do we ensure this now?

Unknown BCB Director 2: What are you talking about sir? We still have our culture destroyers Rahim and Riyad in the team. The blind squirrels found their nuts, no more will this happen for any other series! Plus, any new boys we bring in will be demotivated by the lame culture created by those two in the locker room. I thought this was a strategy we were happy with?

Unknown BCB Director 1: Yes, but don't you remember the election is coming up this year? The netri wants wins to keep the nation's morale high.

Unknown BCB Director 2: That is manageable sir, don't we play Zimbawe?

Unknown BCB Director 1: But then that is too many wins. Give these pathetic fans what they deserve, they will keep switching on their TVs, and support the team no matter the situation! Set the progress back by 20 years, who cares as long as we run the charade with the current core that we got?

Unknown BCB Director 2: You make a good point sir. People always line up for blocks to buy tickets legally! Hehehehe. And the ones who use their phones see them sold out even before they can push the button on the app..

Unknown BCB Director 1:Of course, that has to continue, because we need our money by selling it to the black market first upfront, I don't give a rat's behind if then those tickets end up getting sold or not, I could not care less if the stadium is full or not

Unknown BCB Director 2: Fans think Mirpur stadium is the best in South Asia anyway, hehehe

Unknown BCB Director 1: Exactly, that is the point. Complacency. Feed them these little lies, they will be happy, let's continue to run our operations, and let's just explain to the netri, that fans will still support our sorry bunch even if they get whitewashed by Zim.

Unknowns BCB director 2: Big risk, sir, how do you know that?

Unknown BCB director 1: Don't worry, they will turn on their own, the majority will be on the case of the minority who just want to see their team do better, I have seen this get played out in places...actually it's a next level operation that we are working on, keep the fans squabbling...while we further set progress back of this team

Unknown BCB director 2:
I agree sir, let's just play the same 11 from the last t20 in the 2019 world cup

Unknown BCB director 1:
Good, I like the sound of that. But for my sake, throw in Mashrafe in there, all right? Even if he rolls on to the ground in a wheelchair, Mash means emotional value for fans, they will eat it up till end of time...got it?

Unknown BCB Director 2: Got it, so you will speak to netri about regressing our team further vs Zim later this year?

Unknown BCB director 1: Will do, now tell me...

LINE CUT

*Satire. But so was 1984.