View Single Post
Old June 24, 2004, 07:04 PM
Cricket Legend

I couldn’t watch the game because of some stupid work. Anyway, from the score sheet I could see that it was an explosive match up. Just as so many of us expected this match to be a real cracker and it was for real. What I am hearing is this that England had fairly good chance to pulling of a victory, but they blow it by playing defensive way too early. You do not want to do that against Portugal. They should have continued to play attacking football instead of defending their one lame goal.

I remember in the last world cup when United States scored 3 goals against Portugal first 36 minutes of the first half. Then, when the second half started instead of trying to score more goals U.S. basically stood like a guard dog. Nest thing you know, Portuguese were coming a like an African wild dog. They almost agonizelly came close to snatch draw (US 3 Portugal 2). So anyway, my point is it is just dumb idea to defend a single goal.

I really feel sorry for Rooney. He could have been player of the competition, but now it will go to somebody else.

One last thing, I am definitely praying for the France to demolish the Athenian. Go king bring some more glory for France!

[Edited on 25-6-2004 by rassel]