View Single Post
Old March 11, 2012, 09:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
Thanks. I hope the Batsmen will learn from those that you pointed out - especially under the situation the event happened. Some were out approaching a higher score, some were established, and some were purely inept. Nasir, Jahurul ended their stay prematurely, Tamim probaly thought 'now I am settled' - well it was Hafiz anyway. So extra vigilance was needed, this was in the 2nd spell probably - as usual Tamim got cocky I presume - that is his character. Shakib I understand - he was trying to save the game. But Tamim will always be Tamim. One member pointed out - when is the last time he has done a match winning knock. Got his 50, and off we go. Bleh!I have no respect for that guy - me me me primadonna.
"as usual Tamim got cocky I presume - that is his character"

Please don't presume with a closed mind. I know you have some sort of prejudice against him, but please try to keep it to minimum specially when you haven't watched the game.

"Got his 50, and off we go. Bleh!I have no respect for that guy - me me me primadonna"

Once again, please don't jump on to bash some one with out knowing what actually happened just because you hate/dislike him. Tamim was playing sensibly even after his fifty. He didn't throw it away. His intention of the late cut that got him dismissed was right, but was not executed well. Tamim did his bit, you can't blame anyone for not winning it single-handedly. It's a team game in case you have forgotten.

"when is the last time he has done a match winning knock."

When was the last time your favourite player Ash played a match winning knock? Yet you don't stop being vocal about his need in the team. We have seen what Ashraful has done when there was pressure on him to perform. He failed miserably and came up with excuses like he was put under pressure by selectors, BCB president etc.
I don't have any intention to make it a Tamim vs Ash argument. Just trying to show you that you have different standards for different players and have a very prejudiced mind against Tamim.
I will be very happy if Ash finds his form, comes back to the team, performs under pressure and contributes to the team.