View Single Post
Old November 23, 2011, 09:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
So we come back to the issue of what can we do....Again I'd like to repeat, UN bodies, and international law are useless. There are international laws/rulings/resolutions against many countries, but if they are influential, they simply ignore them, or find loopholes to get around them.

IF, India has a sovereign right, and I say, IF, because I haven't looked into this properly, how do we get them to stop. There are groups native to India who will be displaced due to this dam, protesting it, but you get that with any big development project.
It's not about going to UN or international court. Our govt already acts as a supporting body for India in Bangladesh-India common issues. A lot of examples are there. Transit, Tipai Dam, Border Issues etc. Who cares for the country?

They are talking about Teesta water distribution agreement. Does anyone know whether we get proper portion of water as per Farakkah agreement? Any govt ever followed up that? What would an agreement would do if there is no follow up of the results?

I have some pictures of Padma river which I have taken this rainy season. You won't believe it!!! Padma is full of lands even in full season!!! At least 70% of the river bed was full of lands not water!!!!