View Single Post
Old August 15, 2008, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
How are they going to incorporate address changes, wrong info on the cards, redrawing of district/precinct lines, fraud detections, verifying citizenship/eligibility, printing and delivering ballots on time, counting ballots etc.? I haven't even mentioned about the candidates and their issues yet.

There are several stages after the gold.
Zafran stage.
Platinum stage.
Muslin stage ( I don't think even US has come to this stage yet).
I don't know for fact, but assume they must have search and update utilities in the system, along with data entry utility. This time they have collected digital image of each voter, and saved along with other information as database, providing only a voter ID number to the voter. That obviously suggest their system has search ability of entire information of a voter from a minimum key information ( that is the voter ID number ). Though the concern remain whether people has enough access or places where they can go and ask for information change, within a considerable time period.

Redrawing of district/precinct lines is an issue any system have to live with. Since we have original database in the system, changing those data, reprint ballot paper would be even more error proof and faster using programs. Fraud detection, verifying citizenship/eligibility etc., could be done much more easy and fast with time to time system upgrade, integration, on-line network only if we have basic database in place, and this time we already done that daunting job.

Lets move to next stage Zafran, Platinum, and then dare to target even Muslin, after all once we were the best of it.