Thread: Mohsin Kamal
View Single Post
Old November 11, 2002, 02:05 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Mohsin Kamal

I think its time we gave Mohsin Kamal his due credit for doing a great job so far. Seriously, I think he has injected some sort of a fighting spirit in our boys and he definitely deserves some credit for the way Bangladesh performed in SA. Considering SL lost by an innings and they have played way way more tests than us, I must say we did an awesome job of our first tour. Plus Mohsin Kamal's personal pick Alok Kapali turned out to be a real gem...hope he finds a few more like him. I seriously think under him our team is on the way up but of course a lot needs to be done. But to think of the state the team was in when he took over I must say he has done a decent job.
With our pool of players we shouldn't expect miracles overnight, or even regular decent test class performances... so right now I think we have a lot to cheer for... Hopefully this trend will continue when West Indies are in town and we give them a serious run for their money. I am really looking forward to that series. This Challenge Trophy is the smartest thing BCB has done in a while. I can't think of a time when Bangladesh did more serious groundwork before a test series.
So once again, three cheers for Mohsin Kamal and I hope he keeps it up!

[Edited on 11-11-2002 by pompous]