View Single Post
Old January 3, 2010, 12:00 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Loved his words about Ash...
Quote:
KMR: How frustrated are you because of the lack of maturity shown by some talented players like Ashraful who has the potential to be a world class batsman? Why have talented players like Ashraful, Shahadat and Aftab failed to convert their potential into success?
JS: Not long after I arrived, I realized that the team and the country were relying on Ashraful to perform miracles for us to win games. I was determined to put most of my energy into developing others so that Ashraful would not feel all that pressure and so we could win matches even if he did not fire! I can tell you very confidently that we are not just about Ashraful anymore. Keep an eye on Shakib, Roqibul, Mushfique, Riyad, and Tamim. They are the future. I hope Ashraful will get it right soon. He is a diamond in the rough for us.
We all have to accept that sometimes talented players just don't succeed. The reason they find it so hard at the international level is that they lack some of the basic skills that are developed in a well structured cricket development system.