View Single Post
Old June 21, 2012, 07:48 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Gowza, I understand your point and also agree for some some cases it may be done. But i would prefer to do that when that player hits regular centuries and fifties for a substantial period. That's a different level of skill, ability and confidence, so that enables a player to adjust quickly to changed circumstances.

A team such as ours, where a regular 40/50 from a player is considered to be top performers, the team depends so much on them, is it wise to take such risks with them? In my view it isn't. Because by keeping those 2/3 players stable we keep the team stable. It is the non performers or irregular performers who should be moving around vacant positions to find their comfort zone. If Another person performs, that makes the team stronger. My view of building our team and maintaining continuous balance is somewhat like this.

I believe, these rotations had been a reason for massive poor/irregular performances in the past. Now a days, we have Shakib, Tamim, Mushy, Nasir, Riyad etc positions more or less fixed, and that's probably a reason that the team is performing well. Let Ash, Anamul, Junaid, Jahurul, hom, etc guys move around and find their comfort zone...we will get more stability in teams performance.