View Single Post
Old July 3, 2008, 03:16 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammun

I would like to say one more thing; I like the concept of scoring 240+ every match. Because the opponent team don’t go for the statistic how many game we win in last 10 matches. They look for overall performance of the BD team. If SL/ IND/ PAK/ AUS find out the stats that we scored 240+ in every game we played in last 10/20 ODI then the impression about the BD team will change. They will think twice. Their batsmen will think be4 making slog shot, their blowers will think about line and length. But if they find out (which they normally do) we win 2 games in last 10 ODI then it don’t make any good impression because the other 8 matches we lose very badly.
Are we trying to impress the opponent by our game?

If you are talking about critics/ICC, I think a win is more valuable than 25 losses making a score of 240+ each time. You compete only when you play for winning. JS might be able to convince BCB and some fans with with his udbhot stats, these are not acceptable anywhere in the cric world.

Win and loss counts, not some 240+

If our condition is so poor, to justify such act, People will shout more to drop us from the test level and come when you can. or Why they shouldn't give same opportunity to SCO, IRE, KEN, UAE ?? They also can progress in this manner !! 200, 220, 240... and 4 years for each 10 runs !!