Thread: Now This SUCKS
View Single Post
Old July 15, 2004, 09:15 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nannu, Ash, Mash

Well, well, well, media gives extra attention to India. It’s not surprising. India is the biggest cricket playing country. They adore cricket and treat it as their second religion. India has a very big pool of middle class population pool that would like to spend any amount of money to get a bit more cricket. Communication media (such as crcinfo) and big companies (such as Samsung) are just manipulating this situation. This is just a natural response in this Americanized capitalist society. But I would like to take it positive way. I believe that it was cricket that would be benefited most out of it. Just think how much Samsung spent sponsoring India’s recent trip to Pakistan. PCB earned tons of money as large Indian population was interested about. PCB is now planning to spend that money for the development of their domestic cricket infrastructure. Without India it would not have been possible for PCB make such money.

Think about what would happen to BD when India will tour to Bangladesh in next December. Because of media’s and Multinational Company’s high attraction to Indian cricket, BCB will make a lot of money. So we should not always criticized cricinfo’s inclination towards India. Just take it easy and enjoy the game of cricket. I assure you at the end cricket will be victorious.