View Single Post
Old February 21, 2011, 03:25 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
Its not just fans, if you watch the recent wc videos made by cricinfo's indian reporters, you will feel there is a sense of negligence and sarcasm towards Bangldesh cricket. If you don't believe me check out Harsha Bhogle's match report of india vs bd match and another video made by cricinfo's indian reporters-

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/conte....html?genre=43
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/conte...02235;genre=42

Harsha Bhoge labelled our effort to beat india as 'banana skin'.
Also before the match I was watching an indian cricket show where navjat singh sidhu said 'the problem occurs when a goose starts to think itself as a swan', Bangladesh being the goose. How can a tv personality say things like that! Is it wrong to try beating your opponents? Should we go into a match hoping we will lose to india?

When Bangladesh team toured australia people used to come pad on my sholdier and say, 'well done, you have come a long way' although we didnt play well against australia. But we have supported india for so long when we didnt have an established team. Our fans used to cheer their lungs out for india and pak. is that how you repay your well wishers?
Thats a sheer falsification.. BD never supported Indian Cricket Team whole heartedly .. majority of them supported pakistan... when India and Pakistan played each other in BD...for whatever reasons.. beyond sports....
Though my roots are in BD and I am an Indian.. when I saw BD supporters whole heartedly supporting Pakistan against India... I felt sad...but nevermind...
as far as comments by Sidhu and Bhogle is concerned... I can pretty much say .. they get paid for whatever they say...take it with a pinch of salt.....

and please don't give me example of Aussies...even today sydney morning herald... has an article where they call out Bangladesh a very impoverished country where people are getting for the first time a chance to witness.. a world class event.. they never leave a chance to dig at brown skins