Old November 12, 2012, 03:11 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib and tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
I don't see the point of playing both Naeem and Mahmudullah either. Going by:

a) Recent form in Tests/FC
b) Combination

I don't see how Mahmudullah gets in. It's obvious he's an auto-choice because of his Vice Captaincy, which is sad. Yes, Nafees and Zunaed are generally useless too, but at least they are riding on the back of a couple of big scores and are top order batsmen, which means they are not in direct competition with the VC.

I don't think we need eight batsmen. Nasir is playing primarily as a batsman and making him come in at #8 is a waste. If we must, he should bat at #7, but no lower. I have no problems with Gazi's inclusion, but I think we can play both him and Elias. I get the LHB argument, but Elias has been successful against LHBs in the past too. If he and Shohag are indeed as good with the bat as everyone claims, then we should have no issues playing seven batsmen.

Shakib should be reprieved - bowling 50 overs can't be good for his knee. The Elias-Shakib-Gazi combo would have been ideal, because without Elias, we're effectively playing 2.5 bowlers, if I may be so generous as to assign a 0.5 to our pacers combined.

But this isn't the final line-up, so we'll see how it goes tonight. Can't wait.
Mahmudullah should not be in the team and Nasir should bat up the order