View Single Post
Old August 28, 2012, 06:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
I don't think Ashraful was yanked after one bad inning. That happens now, because even after eleven years of international cricket, he talks, plays and acts like an U-15. Ashraful was given ample chances - more than any international cricketer including Atapattu can dream of.

But anyways, bringing Ashraful into this conversation is pointless, because I doubt anyone can be as brainless as him (there, Anamul: jinxed). I don't think those who don't want him in the team right now need medication or are sissies that are afraid of failure. I think the assumption here is that a more refined Anamul in a couple of years (given the right kind of exposure, coaching, etc) will yield greater returns and be able to hit the ground running with contributions from day one, compared to a more raw version who will likely need twenty innings before making an impact. Given how we're under constant pressure to perform, we probably can't afford to carry a dead wood along for such a long period of time (I know, I know about Ashraful, Abul, Roqibul, Mofizul, Kolimul et al, our selectors, what can I say). I think people who want him to train with McInnes feel that it's worth the wait and taking the hit in the short run for longer term gains, and there's nothing wrong with that line of thinking.

At the same time, there is nothing wrong with those who are thinking he might be ready and able to click right away. Personally, I'm on the fence here. Actually, I don't really give a crap. Losers will be losers until the WC is brought home, doesn't matter who does it for us - Shakib, Tamim, Mushy, Anamul, Pybus, Mushtaq, Mofizul or Kolimul. They're all sissies who lose to Scotland.

I just want to win the MLC this year, then next year, then the next, until I die.
The fact that you wrote a few paragraphs means you give more of a crap than you're letting on :p

That said, you mentioned Anam should be refined provided he gets access to refinement opportuities. Its Bangaldesh, he won't get that chance guaranteed. We don't have the infrastructure - its good enough we've produced his talent, we don't have A team tours, etc. We risk regression. I have no issues with giving him 20 innings to get his groove on. What are we going to do in those 20 innings aways? We'd just let Kayes edge his way to nowhere or watch Ash alternate between brain-farting and brain-freezing. Those 20 innings would be an investment, and likely we'd have a better shot at winning more with him in than with Kayes/Junaid/Ash/whoever. It would be a win-win for image conscious folk.

Now what happens if he fails and "is ruined forever". Well then it means he wasn't mentally strong enough to begin with. No lose done.

#OneTeam1Dream