View Single Post
Old March 6, 2011, 02:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
The former players were captains themselves, they least they can do now, with the team so low in confidence and so down, is provide them with some public support.
I have watched few programs on Tele, most of the former cricketers supported and tried to boost up. That was the main reason why people had so much expectations from this team. Now, when you see your team is doing wrong, cant you even point out what was wrong ? If i were a captain, i would certainly hear them and try to take positives out of them.

Quote:
How many of them played under the same level of pressure and expectation as this team, and at the same age? Akram, Bulbul, Nannu were all old men, seasoned pros, by the time we got our ICC status in KL all those years ago...How many of them had to put up with similar media glare?
Now, you are comparing 90s to 21st ! Anyway, I strongly believe, Akram, bulbul, Nannu would have been much better player if they had such support from media, board, govt etc. Now, if you cant take criticism and pressure from the media and fans, then you are not good enough to stand here. Sorry !

Quote:
There is nothing wrong with constructive criticism, but what they are doing is point scoring, and kicking a dog while it's down. That as they say is not cricket.
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. Now if you call that kicking a dog, then its up to you.

Quote:
I joined this place, because I thought the people here would be a bit less reactionary than the casual fan, who hardly follows the team...yet it seems, I was wrong.
Sorry to disappoint you. To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. Cheers !