View Single Post
Old March 12, 2009, 07:05 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

well ideally you'd have batsmen who can play in different gears so that they can play to the situation, failing that you then try to get the most consistent hard hitters/quick scorers, once you run out of those then you go to batsmen who don't score quite as quickly but are consistent. personally i think raqibul should be there as the main stabilising player but i guess you could go for someone like shamsur rahman, if situation requires then shakib can play a stabilising role then naeem or tamim (i know he tends to score in boundaries but he has the ability to take singles).

i mean are you going to pick a dravid for a t20 team over say a pietersen or a gilchrist? you'd have to be mad to do that, go with consistent hard hitters first then work out your team from there. like i said above i thought about imtiaz hossain because he was scoring quickly this season but consistency is also key and he lacks that thus he doesn't make the cut, i'd definitely pick a player like raqibul or shamsur over imtiaz hossain at this point.