View Single Post
Old June 17, 2013, 06:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Ya he's been a peculiar player. Actually I remember him being you favorite player at one point Gowza. Or I could be wrong. When he first came in, he looked so technically solid. I don't know if people remembered but I thought he was more impressive from a technique stand point compared to the likes of Anamul and Mominul. He played with a great deal of confidence despite being very young at the time.

Like I've said many times, the drop started after the injury he sustained in Australia. Before that, he already had 3 fifties in 11 matches against the G8 in ODIs. Since then, he's only had 1 fifty in his last 23 matches against the G8 which showed how much he really took a drop.

After that injury, the confidence seemed to have gone all of a sudden and then went in to a shell too much. Then of course the retirement happened and then he came back and that was the worst batting I've seen from Raqibul.

The good thing is that unlike Nazimuddin and Tushar Imran, he actually showed he could bat well at this level. He definitely has the ability. It's a question of confidence and maturity.

Coach Ian Pont did recently say that Raqibul was one of his favorites because of him being a great teammate and having a great work ethic. He also worked with him and he ended up doing very well in the BCL final. So I'm interested to see if he can carry that on or not in the DPL and eventually the A team
Good memory he was my fav player at one point, and agree he did look good but then he lost it. As far as injury being the cause that's possible, happened to aftab ( aftab wasn't as consistent but still it happened to him also).

Last edited by Gowza; June 17, 2013 at 10:29 PM..