View Single Post
Old December 24, 2009, 11:57 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseer
mate, are you talking about that there will be no domestic T20 competition and all domestic teams will compete in "International Premiere League"? We have 12 clubs playing in DPL and 6 FC teams in NCL? All 12 or 6 clubs/teams then participate? If not then how you select which team going to participate? Also the number of teams in domestics is not the same for each country. If all teams not going to play from each country, then there must be a domestic tournament to select. If you are saying all will particiapte then number of matches of your version of IPL can reach 100/200.
perhaps you need to read my first post again....the total # of teams shouldn't exceed 10 to 12 because only one to max 2 teams from each test playing nation should be licensed to participate....each franchise team needs to be formed under the guidelines of icc...these franchise team may or may not participate in a domestic league....

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseer
If BCCI decides, though there is a "International Premiere League", they still want to have a domestic championship that is "Indian Premiere League". Can ICC stop that? Can ICC say to us that you cannot have a DPL?
why would bcci decide about an international premier league?...it needs to be up to the icc......i see the reason for your confusion though...it's my mistake when i spoke against the domestic t20 league....i should have been clearer on this....i guess icc can't and shouldn't stop a member from organizing a domestic league like the current ipl or dpl...however, an international premier league should be the top ranked t20 league so that any domestic league can become secondary to players....for this ftp needs to allow a window for the international premier league and the domestic league doesn't get players who are on international duty....