View Single Post
Old August 17, 2008, 12:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
I would just request everyone atleast not to disrespect the great leader. We was not a perfect man but he was a great man. He had his mistakes but that is nothing compared to his achievments. He wasnt the best ruler and some of his decisions were flawed yet he was by far the only ruler of bangladesh post indepedence who can truly claim to sacrifice his life for his country.

Bangladesh suffered its darkest day post independence not because of Mujib but because of the total destrusction caused by some of your beloved pakistan and lack of support from the superpower and now a second home for alot of you guys, the one and only, true example of democracy, America...

The rakhi bahini u are talking abt are the people who also fought for independence. Bongobir Kader siddiqui was known for killing Biharis post independence. There were some bad apples but they all werent goons. They took it on themselves to take care of the law and order situation. They were the RAB's of 1972. I personally don support extra judicial killings but a recent poll shows 63 % of the people support them...
Shaikh Mujeeb was a great leader, no doubt , and he had his faults, but that doesnt detract from his achievements.

Not every Bengali supported Kader Siddiqui in his killings, after 1971, there was this belief that one could kill Biharis as they were all to blame for betraying us, however it was a very wrong belief.

A lot of destruction was caused by Pakistan, but AL members who abused the situation are to blame, and its pointless to blame Pakistan for crimes of Shaikh Mujeeb's near and dear ones. There are Bangladeshis who still claim that Bangladesh is poor because of Pakistan , even though we have been independent for almost 37 years.

Another point, its very annoying to see Bangladeshis form cliques of "AL/Pro-Independence/Mujeeb Supporter/anti-Pakistani" and "BNP/anti-independence/Zia supporter/Pakistan Chamcha".

Just because someone doesnt say "I hate Pakistan" in every other sentence, he becomes someone who loves Pakistan. Alternatively. if someone doesnt believe that India is out to invade us, he is a RAW Agent !