View Single Post
Old November 26, 2012, 03:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Whatever I have seen, I really liked Zia.

If he is given few chances (not one chance and gone) in ODI and let him grow, I think he will surprise lot of his doubters.

I think he can play a very good role in our team where our playrs tend bat inTEST mode in ODI game. Yes he has technical weakness, but who doesn't? I see him another Nasir in that aspect, given some chances he will grow and will eventually become an overall consistent performer with "match winner" potential.
The difference between Nasir and him is the temperament. Nasir might have his own weaknesses and limitations but he has a lot more patience compared to Zia. It wasn't only 1 innings either, Zia showed a clear lack of temperament and tries to hit everything. Not only that but I just saw him trying to slog over midwicket region. International class bowlers will figure that out and deceive him.

That being said, I'd love to be proven wrong and hope Zia does end up being a great batsman. It would really serve us well since we lack big hitters down the order. Its just that, in my opinion, I don't see him sustaining success at this level

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)