View Single Post
Old July 17, 2010, 01:13 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Marcus North. Not exactly an all rounder. He is a part time off spin bowler. Picked up 6 wickets today. Shane Watson, used to be a bowling all rounder, or a bowler and a lower order bat. Now he opens the batting, and he is doing great. With the bat and the ball, and one of the leading ALR. AB De Villiers, batted everywhere in the order, and performed. He came in as a keeper, batted lower down the order, then opened, now a middle order batsman. I never heard any one complain about his form, how putting him up and down the order ruined his form/career. Hell even Ashrafool makes a good example for this. Cameron White, was a leg-spinner and a slogger. Now he doesn't even get to bowl. Now he is given a job just as batsman, and he is performing with the bat. Tim Bresnen, pure bowler. And England goes with one less batsman to pick up one extra bowler, and depends on Bresnen to perform with the bat. Even though that's not his job. And he hasn't failed. Not with the bat or the ball. Eng just won the series with one of the most short batting line up. I can go on and on. Players should be able to step up and do the job for the team and win games. They should be able to do what they are asked to do. But I don't mean make Tamim or Imrul into a bowler, or all rounder.

So WE - the fans have to stop making excuses for our players and their failures. 'Oh because he is so low down the order he is not performing.' 'They are killing his career by having him at 7-8'. You DON'T know what is good or bad for them. You don't know what's effecting them or what they are good at.
Dilscoop bhai, sorry for the following disrespectful comment:

I have been following your posts lately and this is by far the most mature, accurate, insightful, clear post from you in your promising BC career i have EVER READ!