View Single Post
Old January 18, 2018, 08:08 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: ABD

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Based on the the U19 players I saw last night one will have to wait some time.

I have to only assume you mean explosive as who can hit boundaries at will to a long distance. Most of the players you have mentioned are extremely well built and our players are physically disadvantaged. Also one has to be mentally strong as well which our youngsters are usually not.

The closest thing we had to an explosive batsman is Tamim Iqbal and with regret we wont produce another one like him.
Sorry I disagree with the Tamim part. He's definitely a stroke player and our best batsman of all time. But he doesn't fit into a explosive batsman criteria.

People don't consider a batsman who hits a 6, then proceeds to 6 dot balls..a explosive batsman.

Tamim is a player who seemed very explosive at once due to the reason he often used to try to hit every ball but balls often could not cross the inner circle. So after he used to got out at 25 off 30, people had the feeling of 25 of 18..lol I still remember those starts back in 09/10, time Tamim'so approach was too aggressive.

Just look at his career strike rate now. 77. Yes he has calm down recently but still when he hw was aggressive he rarely crossed 80 strike rate in his career. His most big inningses too are Baber azamesque 90-100 odd strike rated.

Even on Bangladesh perspective he is not a very explosive batsman. Shabbir, Soumya, Mash are. Or probably Ashraful when on song.

Go TIGERS GO...