View Single Post
Old October 15, 2007, 05:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

"Then again, there is not much a Madhab can do when the individual Muslim is blinded by his own desire to seek ephemeral comforts of de facto idolatry in a private world where he/she hears only what reinforces their blindness. The ‘input’ always matches the ‘expectation’ as he/she perhaps inadvertently assigns 1) de facto ‘partners’ in the process, 2) has all of the thinking conveniently done for him by those ‘partners’ of his making, and 3) becomes too entangled in the ‘branches’ before neglecting the ‘root’ of the faith."

Sohel NR,

Madhab (following the correct and scholarly opinions in the matter of religions) = de facto idolatry (shirk)!!! ...How much more absurd can it get than this??!

I would rather not self-worship and super inflate my ego by pandering to my whims and vain desires. "Have you seen those who have taken their vain desire as their God". I would rather follow the opinions of experts/"men of knowledge" who have dedicated their entire life in pursuit of knowledge and understanding. I find much more comfort and security in their knowledge than my arm-chair "punditry"!

In my book people are innocent untill proven otherwise and would rather extend the benefit of doubt. Therefore, I don't assume all the empowered authorities are inherently corrupt- certainly not the PIOUS ulamas! Thanks Allah that the notion of TRUST still exists.

By the way, Ulamas are not infallible- not at least in Sunni Islam! But I assume it would be quite logical to think that a collective opinions held by a number of experts to be more sounder than a layperson's one.

"There is a real danger that Sunni Islam is being treated in a similar fashion. The edifice has stood for centuries, withstanding the most bitter blows of its enemies. Only from within can it be weakened. No doubt, Islam has its intelligent foes among whom this fact is well-known. The spectacle of the disunity and fitnas which divided the early Muslims despite their superior piety, and the solidity and cohesiveness of Sunnism after the final codification of the Shariah in the four Schools of the great Imams, must have put ideas into many a malevolent head. This is not to suggest in any way that those who attack the great madhhabs are the conscious tools of Islams enemies. But it may go some way to explaining why they will continue to be well-publicised and well-funded, while the orthodox alternative is starved of resources. With every Muslim now a proud mujtahid, and with taqlid dismissed as a sin rather than a humble and necessary virtue, the divergent views which caused such pain in our early history will surely break surface again. Instead of four madhhabs in harmony, we will have a billion madhhabs in bitter and self-righteous conflict. No more brilliant scheme for the destruction of Islam could ever have been devised. " - Understaning the four madhabs.

Equating Madhab with idolatry is like the delibirate equation of the noble concept of Hijab to oppression/suppresion by the Zionist media!

Last edited by BanCricFan; October 21, 2007 at 01:14 PM..