View Single Post
Old March 28, 2015, 02:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
I just realized that I'm coming up on my 10th! A decade in BC!

Waste of life? You be the judge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
He did. Made her his wife.
So you are the best judge, if that made your life or waste

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
ps: I joined back then just to follow up on Bangladesh's tour of England in 2005. Sham was in London at the time and covered a bit of the tour. That was when Ashraful, Aftab Ahmed and Shahriar Nafees blossomed into the fold. Someone at the time posted links to some county club website where they had hosted basic highlight videos of Bangladesh's practice match against them.

But I have to say, I got hooked onto BC for the amazing people participating here. I've found some extremely witty, intelligent, insightful, progressive, erudite, articulate people here who really piqued my then undergrad inquisitive mind. Shout out to:
Arnab, Orpheus, fab, mona, fwullah, mwrkhan, BushidoTiger, pagol_chagol, James90, rafiq, billah, AsifTheManRahman, Sham, Shubho, Yameen, Al_furqaan, Pompous, Fazal, babubangla, Tokai, FaltuRidwanBhai, AgentSmith, Navarene, SS, Cats_Eye, Faceoff, Ahmed_B, RazabQ, Dhurr, thebest, gatekeeper, reinausagi, Nasif, chinaman, reverse_swing, Carte_Blanche, oracle, Rajputro, Tintin, Tehsin.
You guys got me hooked!

then there was hatebreed, and sherlockhomes, Sydney, Kabir, Mahir, Nocturnal, Miraz and MohammedC, i_knockout_u, sovik, allrounder, cricman, tonoy, cricket_pagol, kalpurush, Shark_fin, layperson,BanCricFan, offstump and so many others....

pps: and of course, Boss
I got many of the above, in 2007 when I came in; forum was much more active and a lots of reasoning & speculations used to go on, as those wre still early days.

10 years is a long time our cricket has also come a long way from where we were in 2005, despite all the mismanagements. Don't know if thats a natural progress or we did somethings right ".....but there is surely some progress.