View Single Post
Old February 25, 2018, 10:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Dude, that is a sweet offer. I would have gone for it. my biggest concern is that i have family and friends so I am stuck to a location but other than that, it is hard to say no to an offer like that.
yeah it looks sweet. But the thing is for an engineer/programmer - silicon valley is where the real money is. But for a physician, that level of income can be had anywhere in the country. That 200K signon bonus and interest free loan is obviously to cancel out the housing cost (down payment on a million dollar house and subsidizing loans) as they realize the first thing a candidate will think of is the housing cost there but they will most likely sign you up for a 5 year contract or so. It would be a good offer for anyone already living there and wants to stay there but hard to justify for someone else from another part of the country to leave and go into one of the most expensive area in the world.

Why would someone who went trhough 8 years of extra education and training missing out on that many years of income and go into an area earning below a undergrad student in the tech field when he has other options.

but yeah still an enticing offer and u can think of that house as an investment gift by working there perhaps.