View Single Post
Old April 21, 2013, 01:29 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Wow, started this thread 8 years ago. See where Brendan Taylor has climbed. He just showed he is a class above all our players.

Its not that our batsmen are less talented. Its just the application. Zimbabwe doesnt have a superb first class structure. Rather Taylors efforts are result of his concentration, determination, decision making and positive mindset. Wish we had a Taylor in our lineup.
Ditto.

I'm impressed by their seamers. Jarvis is pacy and smart with a great future ahead of him. I feel he'll be the next Heath Streak for Zimbabwe. Meth can swing the ball early and both ways, and under the right conditions, will be more than a handful for any opposition. Masakadza is aggressive and accurate and will only get better with time. Chigumbura is not in the best of forms yet but will come back strong. Then there's Vitori in the wings. Add Cremer into the mix and you have a more than decent wicket taking attack with a promising future.

Batting-wise, Sibanda has been a disappointment. I doubt he'll evolve into the classy opener we had hoped he'd begin to be by now. Taylor's a keeper as is Hamilton Mazakadza, but they need better stability up top. Their tail is strong enough.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)