View Single Post
Old March 8, 2013, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Watched ZD30 and found it racist to say the least. Lost all my respect for Navy SEALS. Yeah it takes some guts to creep up on- scums?- and shoot parents in front of their kids. Sure it's heroism. So much for US spouting humanity. But then again that's just me. And Katheryn Bigelow's defense doesn't help the least.

Curious to hear about people's feed on this.
Just watched it for the first time now. Did not find it racist so much... but then the whole enterprise is based on profiling anyway. Cant fault them for it, because face it, the whole terrorism business is monopolised by crazy ragheads anyway.

They tortured my namesake, so now I'm worried some douche who has to do a background check on me is gonna put me in a red list coz he watched some guy with my name in ZD30. (I'm anticipating at least 2 intelligence organisations who're doing this right now).

Fact of the matter is the film is fictionalised greatly, but it kept me gripped and held my attention for the entire while. But the main story is on the intelligence agency at play here. This isnt Jason Bourne, this isnt James Bond. If anything a more Smiley'esque analytical depiction wouldve been more accurate, but that'd be hard for the bums on seats.

Verdict: 8/10.

btw, Zee now that you've been obsessively poring over biographies and operational manuals and researching equipment armaments, etc... you still think your racist perception of the film is because of the film itself? If anything, now that you know about the US military personnel's overwhelming devotion to Christ & Republican conservatism, wouldnt you say the racism and Islamophobia is probably just a reflection of reality, rather than intentional storytelling? I think I can empathise with why the seals, marines, delta forces, rangers, what have yous are going to be more religiously inclined than war hawks in suits.