View Single Post
Old February 16, 2007, 12:48 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

it's the same old question, with a new set of options for the answer.

I voted for nafees, and I fully believe that he is NOT the most talented in the country, neither is he the most dashing of all. His potential might be still doubted by many when it comes to performing against the world's top teams, since most of his achievements have come against the lowly Zimbabweans. But he has applied himself well so far in the international arena, and with more experience, he should be able to slowly establish himself with a very good reputation. Mushfiq Rahim, Sakib, Tamim all have plenty of talent, and makes us believe in an exciting future for BD cricket.

Having said all that, let's not forget that Ashraful still remains as the most talented and the most stylish of 'em all, but he has not, and probably never will live upto his potential. On the other hand, Aftab, the most dashing of them all and my personal favorite for no particular reason, will probably never find success in Test matches, which is where the quality a batsman is truly measured. Yah I sound like a broken record, especially re: Ashraful, but that's the inconvenient fact for us Tigers' fans.