View Single Post
Old November 28, 2018, 12:02 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
It would be nice to look up rules governing the members of parliament. I know that for a simple Government employee in Bangladesh it is difficult to get prolonged period of absence in non work related capacity. Travelling outside of a country without permission also is a cause for termination.

He will be out of the country for 2 months for world cup. He will be drawing two paychecks. I think there is a conflict. It's also almost a year of lack of proper service.

Whether or not he has the time to tackle both is not the issue here as most of the argument is he is only playing ODI.

I wouldn't vote for someone like that to represent my district who will be negligent and absent. Would you? A guy who promises great things and great changes but already will be absent in his first year of service should not have his words taken seriously. Action matters. Not words.

Being a MP in BD does not mean he/she cant go abroad . All the BCB chiefs in past were MPs and also served BCB at the same time with no conflict of interest. And in Mash's case, He will only be a cricketer for the next few months only and after that he has ample time to focus on Narail Bashi.

And serving the national team is a national duty. So keeping politics aside for now was the right thing Mash did imho. After the series is over, he will have 20 something days to go his voters and make bonding. He has time