View Single Post
Old April 17, 2003, 12:00 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default hmmm...

The world cup was a pretty traumatic experience for us...i can only imagine what it must have been in the team tent. Nothing went right for us. I don't know if we should make sweeping judgements about Mashud being arrogant here. He was the most consistent batsman and I guess as the captain he must have been really frustrated with his pathetic top order. My personal take is that it is possible that he may have been "arrogant" but it could also be that our "talented and senior" top-order could not bear the harsh criticism coming from a batsman of such humble qualities. Every person has a limit. Pilot's patience with his batting men probably got tested to the limit. Its possible that some of them felt humiliated by his actions. The bad blood could be because of that. What Orpheus saw on the field could a residual. I dunno! I guess I am speculating here. But I find it hard to believe that he just became arrogant!!! His weak performance on the field may be because of his off the field distractions. As far as I can remember Pilot is quite a decent wk-keeper. I am a big fan of this guy. He saved us from so many utter humiliations that I have lost count. I will stick with him thank you!