View Single Post
Old February 1, 2010, 03:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
20 wickets? no. So no way near when the left test status.
maybe not, but they basically will have to start all over again. besides, how often did they take 20 wickets from 1992-2004? no one complained about their test status then.

we need some healthy competition. so i'm all for zimbabwe, ireland, and afghanistan getting test status in the next 10 years or as soon as possible.

afghanistan posted 474 against ireland, and no matter how flat the track, thats an achievement, that we still may or may not be able to do. i'm not saying they're better than us, but we should definitely not be elitist like some of our other friends.

in ervine, taibu, masakadza, sibanda, chigumbura, taylor, and williams zimbabwe already has a solid and strong batting lineup + WK. only bowling is weak, and yes, this side will struggle to take 5 wickets let alone 20, but if they're batsmen put up runs, a few wickets will come. they can certainly be better than we were until quite recently.

jarvis has raw pace, good build, and all the tools to be a solid test class bowler. add in mpofu, rainsford, mupariwa, and blignaut you've got solidity. price is a wicket taker, and utseya will choke the runs even though he'll be the first bowler to have a 1000+ test average.

i for one would be excited to face this FULL STRENGTH Zim team.

#OneTeam1Dream