View Single Post
Old March 22, 2016, 09:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Saqlain Sajib was getting decent amount of turn yesterday against Australia he was just not pitching it in the right areas at times. I think that's why Mortaza persisted with him.

Captains sometimes take gambles, when it pays off he is a genius, when it doesn't people are ready to throw stones... it is part of the game, no need to get riled up. Yes, Mortaza and co are human and they make mistakes too...

Imagine Mortaza used Mustafizur and Shakib and AlAmin instead of Sajib in that over finishing their quota and then sajib bowled the 20th over and Australia needed 17 off 6 and got it....People would then be blaming Mortaza for not saving the last over with your best bowler. I am pretty sure stuff like that happened in the past with Bangladesh and Bangladesh lost.

There is a saying in English: "Damned if you do, Damned if you don't"
This is a top post, Rifat, and top class observation in my view.

I don't think there's any reason to go after Mash for his tactics yesterday, particularly his bowling changes. He gambled and it didn't pay off. That's the nature of sports.

The only source of disappointment for me was the body language. Mash looked deflated. The drooping shoulders were annoying and sent the wrong message to the team. Even if he was not feeling up to it, the team needed to see his swagger. He just didn't have the eye of the tiger. Showed up to the toss and looked like he was going to break down in tears. Ian Bishop probably felt like he needed to give Mash a big bear hug.

The only thing that was lacking yesterday was fight. Yes, fielding was shoddy, batting was tentative at times (except Shak and Riyad), bowling was not always incisive (except Fizz and Shak), but I would have rued yesterday's defeat less if we had shown more determination.