View Single Post
Old December 17, 2012, 04:47 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

@Tiger444: Countries like Ireland and Scotland know the long form game well and I personally feel had these countries been given the same funding like Bangladesh from ICC then they would've done much better than Bangladesh in Test Cricket. But you are aware that Ireland are producing better players than England? like Eoin Morgan, Paul Stirling and George Dockrell who is a very tall left arm spinner a good one I should say so I don't think when they eventually have their own domestic structure, will cause a problem infact, I still think a lot of County sides over in England will still desperately recruit a lot of Irish players into their squads given the talent they have so really Ireland Cricket could be getting it in both ways through two domestic systems one in Ireland and one in England. In the past, Canada and Kenya were such a promising Cricket nation even good enough at one stage to play full-time Cricket but looked what happened to both these countries? Cricket can't afford to lose Ireland. But I heard if Ireland plan to have a domestic system, they can realistically have no more than 4 domestic teams so there are possibilities that they will include domestic teams from countries like Scotland and the Netherlands so there are enough teams and competition which I think will be a fantastic idea for their development in these Cricketing nations.