View Single Post
Old February 27, 2012, 09:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
I totally agree with you. Its really sad not to see out of the 23 million males living in Bangladesh we couldnt find one solid batsmen who can average 50 for us (or 45) in odi's or possibly in tests.

And also a good seamer who bowls good accurate off stump bowling.

Its sad to see that we have to rely on the next generation.

If we cant find good batsmen in Bangladesh then i guess we have to scout for Bangladeshi cricketers who live in England, Australia, South Africa and possibly in New Zealand.
I'm sorry but how are you going to find these type of players in a T20 competition??
Test cricket and even ODI cricket are both very different to T20 cricket. They require different skill sets. There's a reason why players such as Dravid, Ganguly, Kallis, Clarke, Ponting, Cook etc are masters in Tests but relativel;y ordinary in T20. Then you have players like Yusuf Pathan, Raina, Pollard who are the opposite. Of course you will also have some players who are good at both.

We shouldn't let any performances in this competition be used for selection in Tests and ODIs. Anyone who performs well in BPL should be considered for the T20 squad. We have enough problems with selecting players in the wrong formats without the BPL making it worse.