View Single Post
Old July 1, 2008, 03:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Although I dont like the current selection panel but I think they are sticking to some core players and only making few changes overall. Alok was performing for the last 2 years in NCL and was drafted for the A tour. I dont know that much people doubted Raqibul because he is also a consistent performer in NCL. Where the selection team went wrong was,, with the bowlers and wicketkeepers. Sajid/Shahadat/Dollar/Riad/Mushfique are the inclusions tin the ODI is probably debatable against dropping Rasel/Dhiman/etc.

Personally, I dont like the way Siddons is doing things either. Its his first job out of Australia,, and that too being a head coach of a national team of an Asian country. It is a learning experience for him but I think he also needs the support from the board with a strong manager/selection comittee/staff. He doesnt necessarily has that team of support.

Not always everthing comes through predictable process like BKSP pumps into our system. Our team has gone through a significant change by all the senior members being chopped off... hence we have this problem of sorting out the team. We are still lacking couple of good bowlers and a good allrounder. Given the fact that we have those defficiencies and that our selectors are the worst in the entire universe,, and the fact that most of our players are inconsistent,,, there is no choice but to change the team every series..