View Single Post
Old April 29, 2010, 11:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseer
The whole point of argument about Nayeem in this thread is about his ability in T20 format as a lower middle order. His ODI Strike Rate was referenced here as it points out that he is not an explosive batsman. But a #7 or #8 in T20 must be able to hit big.

I am not saying he should be out of the team for all format. But he has shown enough evidence of not being a good T20 middle order.

Lets look at his scores in practice matches.

Against Barbados:
He came to the crease at 16.1 over, scored 9* from 10 balls without any boundary. Another example of his trade mark "not out" innings.
Against England: He came to crease at 10.3 overs, scored 9 from 12 balls, again without any boundary. Different scenario compare to the 1st match, but same outcome.

As of other format, I have already mentioned that he should be promoted in the batting order.
Then you can make the case that all of our batsmen will struggle in T20s right? I mean why are we just beating up on naeem? Look at the way shakib is batting..yes hes a bowler 1st but his batting is important and hes doing awful with the bat..aftab was dismal against england and was horrible in the NCL..ash is scoring but his SR is right around where naeem is..and if your using just 2 games as evidence 4 success in T20's then thats really not enough evidence..you need a whole lot more then that..i dont know why people are discounting his score against india..yes it was when the team was losing but give credit where credit is due..also who would you want at #8? Anyways lets watch the pakistan and australia match and then lets talk..