View Single Post
Old April 29, 2010, 11:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Yards
First of all naeem can hit better than aftab and mushfiq. Again I would say you being a little harsh with those stats. Even Ashraful has an average of 18 something and people say it doesnt do justice to him ? well thats because he failed numerous times. Somedays he (naeem) would come out in the crease to rebuild an innings after the collapse of top order, other times he would just come to face 2 3 deliveries where he has to hit the ball out of the park.
So those stats could be misleading and especially so because he bats at #8 and the TEAM being Bangladesh

Im not trying to say you're wrong. You might be right i just dont agree with your statement where you said "theres enough eveidence", there isnt as im suggesting those stats arent so reliable in context to his abilities.

P.S i wonder where he got his nickname of *chokka Naeem* from if he cant hit the ball hard enough ? He must have done something in the domestic level that earned him the name .. just a consideration.
finally someone talking some sense..agree with whatever you've said about naeem..also I thin naeem got the name in domestic competition..1 time in a DPL OD game he hit six 6's in an over..