View Single Post
Old October 15, 2008, 11:59 AM
Cricket Sage

I can understand Siddon's frustration. We can blame Siddon, we can balme Naeem for our defeat, but we are not going to do justice if we can see the real culprit in this case and where Siddon's frsutration ios all comming from....
Siddon wants to play his specialized batsman and specially from his most experineced batsman the way Taylor played... not the way Oram played. Taylor showed a perfect example how a innings is being build. But unfortunately Ash don't know how to play that type of innings. He either knows how to play Oram's type of innings (which will have very low chance of success rate) or purely Gullu type of innings like he played in 2nd ODI. He doesn't have a basic concept of how a Innings need to be build.
For Junaid's case atleast the intgension was there to build the innings and accelerate. However due to low target, there was no need to accelerate further as the innings progressed.
For Naeem's case, the started too slow. Is is due to his inexperience, or instruction from coach or to the matter of fact the game was out of reach at that point... I don't know. May be its a combination of all of these.
But if you ask me, I would rather give a benefit of doubt to Naeem and hope that he will learn to stay in the wiocket but also take care of the RR than Ash who after playeing so many games still doen't have a clue how to build a innings like a pro.

NOTE: THE X-AXIX IS NOT OVERS BUT BALLS PLAYED

Last edited by Fazal; October 15, 2008 at 12:07 PM..