View Single Post
Old July 1, 2009, 02:32 PM
Club Cricketer

Default Match Thread: Bangladesh v West Indies A,, 3-day warm-up, July 3-5, 2009

Hi everyone,

It's been years since I posted here, I have not spent so much time following cricket through internet message boards etc, but it's good to be back. Moderators please feel free to move this post to any other relevant sections if this is in the wrong place.

I just thought I'd preview the tour match starting on Friday, as it is the only practice match Bangladesh have and is therefore absolutely vital. It's being played at the Kensington Oval in Bridgetown Barbados, which is the most beautiful ground in the Caribbean, has awesome facilities and is potentially the fastest pitch too, so the conditions for the young Bangladeshi pacers/medium pacers should be encouraging. It does not tend to spin at all though, so if I was coach I would give the pacers a work out and select one spinner at most.

The Windies A team is a strong one with at least 3 players who are right on the cusp of senior team honors and 3 with international experience already. Most of this team played against England and outplayed them for 3 days:

Adrian Barath - 19 year old Trinidadian Right hander, averages 48 in FC cricket. A score of over 50 will see him selected.
Kieran Powell - 19 year old Left hander with powerfulstrokes. Averages 41 in FC cricket. Weak against spin.
Lendl Simmons - Scored 282 against England a few months ago. Looking to get back into the test squad.
Sewnarine Chattergoon (c) - Experienced left hander with international experience
Andre Creary - Jamaican right hander with no FC experience but dominated at youth level.
Devon Thomas (wk) - 20 year old WK batsman who is looking to put pressure on Ramdin.
Ryan Austin - Leading wicket taker in FC cricket this year, he is an off spinner with a good action.
Gavin Wallace - 24 year old leg spinner with great natural talent, he is a big turner of the ball.
Kevin McClean - 22 year old Fast bowler with a high arm action. He had an excellent first FC season.
Nelon Pascal - The 3rd fastest bowler in the Caribbean, he will force his way into the test team with a strong performance.
Kemar Roach - Another pace-like-fiyah merchant. Very talented but also very wild.

What is the Bangladesh team likely to be like for this match? Will they experiment or play a full strength lineup?