View Single Post
Old July 1, 2009, 04:44 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Tamim: Talented but at times loses head and tries to go after the bowlers. (lefty)
Junaid: Getting more stable than his early days. Weak playing swinging deliveries, bouncers. (lefty)
Ash: All he needs is a bad ball and he will gift his wicket away. Wrapped with chocolate also.
Raqibul: If we have to put our hopes on anyone to play a long innings it would be him.
Shakib: I only wish Ash don't influence his batting. As a bowler, currently he is the best we got (SLA).
Mehrab: Needs to be consistant with the bat. Another SLA.
Riyad: Maturing. Time to deliver with the bat. Off-spinner also.
Mushfiq: Needs a full-time WKeeping coach work with him for at least six months.
+++
Bowlers:
Sharapova: Simmons and Barath will like him. So much so that one of them may come out with a formal proposal. Enough said.
Rubel: 19 year old. Why is he in the team I do not know. Hype with speed and nothing else.
Mashrafe: Captain. I pray for him that is all.
Enamul: SLA. We could have used Rasel here but he is not in the team.
Riyad is the young right hander on his first test tour isn't he? I watched his brief innings in the 20/20 and although he didn't make many runs, he reminded me of Marlon Samuels in terms of the languid nature of his strokeplay.

I have a feeling that returning to the Caribbean will be good for Tamim as well. Back to the scenes of some of his more explosive innings. Our bowlers tend to bowl short outside off stump as well which will suit his stronger shots through the off side.