View Single Post
Old February 12, 2018, 08:19 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-man
I know I wasn't asked, but if I can interject with a few quick things.

1. I dunno if it's just my screen, but the layout is messy. I think you can do a lot more with design- use space efficiently, not just links line by line. It took me a while before I realised the video appeared at the bottom of the page.
2. A search function would be handy- tags/categories?
3. Maybe you can use your writing ability to set some context behind each video or whatever curious case you're showing...
4. Compile a mailing list and send them periodic blogs/videos etc

there's more things you can do to give this a leg up. interesting page..not bad for time killing stuff...if you have some spare cash there's plenty you can do...

remember AMZN was just a 18$ stock...there's no reason why "cricket curiosities" can't become "sports curiosities"
Thanks G-Man for the response. Yes, the mobile layout -well not messy but ambiguous. Looks great on desktop though! My dad said to number them, but lol I shot back this is not a laundry list. Kinda want to give an artistic museum vibe.

He also suggested to put a blurb. But that will stall productivity. To upload 1 video it takes roughly a minute, but I want minimal interference and let the videos do the talking. Plus keeping it simple without adding additional content as blurb helps me to get in the zone and add stuffs at rapid rate.

The search bar and mailing list are fantastic ideas. Will definitely try to implement them. Do you know if I monetize my website it would be beneficial?

Thanks for the inspirational memo at the end.

Yeah, I envision where my company's hand and reach would be over anything and everything related to cricket curiosities. (My ultimate dream is to see Cricket Curiosities is a sponsor for an ICC game!! :P )I am even planning to make 365 rollo desk calendar or flashcards or even an app where after I gamefy it when one can keep track of the stuffs such as 1/10000 as one reloads the cricket curiosities factoids. And after reading 10000 or so one can 'unlock' and contribute on their own.

Some random haphazard ideas.

I spent about less than 20 bucks in 4 days and already reached past 1000 likes for cricket curiosities. So I know there is market and potential. Then again, don't know what would "meaningless" Fb likes can help to generate revenue.

Thanks again for your feedback. (Mods: can you please take the discussion to other website such as "side hustle" or "business ideas"?) Thanks!

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles